THE GREAT TREKKING
Starting in Lisbon we will be driving you to the very center of the country were our trekking will take place among breathtaking mountains and some of the most old and isolated villages in Europe.
Prepare to walk 80 to 100 km. You should be fit and willing to experience a challenging experience. Minors are not accepted.
- Day 1 | Sunday: Welcome ate Lisbon Airport and private transfer to your accomodation in Lisbon. Welcome dinner!
- Day 2 | Monday: At 8h30 meet your Tour Leader and trekking companions at our joining point in Lisbon. Document and equipement verification. Health and safety briefing. Departure to Parque Natural da Serra da Estrela..
- Day 3 | Tuesday: After breakfast 30 km Mountain Trekking
- Day 4 | Wednesday: After breakfast 30 km Mountain Trekking.
- Day 5 | Thursday: After breakfast 30 km Mountain Trekking. Mountain Farewell dinner
- Day 6 | Friday: After breakfast we will endure on the last 20 km of our trekking. Return to Lisbon. Expected time of arrival 22h. Hotel accomodation.
- Day 7 | Saturday: Free day! (Hotel Check-out at 11h30am). Airport transfer booked accordingly to your flight schedule and end of tour.
- Max of 8 travellers/hikers per tour
- Lisbon Airport Greeting and Transfers.
- Transportation from/to Lisbon to "Serra da Estrela", Portuguese Highest Mountain
- Single sex shared acomodation in hostels and local guesthouses/farms.
- 7 continental breakfasts (bread/toast or pastries, butter, jam, coffee/tea/juice or similar)
- Tour Leaded by experienced guides
- VAT and all tourist and local taxes.
- We are a registered Adventure Travel Agency operating all over the world since 2014
- Fligths, Visas or any documentation/testing required for travelling.
- All meals, except the ones described as included.
- All personal expenses as phone calls, laundry, local transports, museum entrys etc
- Health Insurance covering trekking and outdorr activitys (mandatory)
- All costs and expenses not described as included.
All travellers need to be in good physical health in order to participate fully on this trip. Contact us for private, more luxurious and less demanding tours.
The Euro (EUR) is the official currency. Make sure you have read the itinerary and inclusions thoroughly so you know what is included in the trip price and what you may need to pay for while travelling.The most convenient and cheapest way to acquire money in Portugal is at ATM`s.
On this trip you must pack as lightly as possible because you will be expected to carry your own bag. The smaller your bag the better for you and other passengers. To ensure maximum comfort, try to pack small and light.
Travel insurance is compulsory on all our trips. We require you are covered for medical expenses including emergency repatriation. You will not be permitted to join the group until evidence of travel insurance and the insurance company's 24-hour emergency contact number has been send us.
You must at all times comply with the laws, customs, foreign exchange and drug regulations of all countries visited, We don’t tolerate any form of violence (verbal or physical) or sexual harassment, either between customers or involving our leaders, partners or local people. Use or possession of illegal drugs will not be tolerated. Patronising sex workers will not be tolerated on our trips. The decision of the group leader is final on all matters likely to affect the safety or well-being of any traveller or staff member participating in the trip. If you fail to comply with a decision made by a group leader, or interfere with the well-being or mobility of the group, the group leader may direct you to leave the trip immediately without reimbursement. By travelling with us you are agreeing to adhere to these rules.
All our Expeditions are accompanied by one of our group leaders. The aim of the group leader is to take the hassle out of your travels and to help you have the best trip possible. Your leader takes care of logistics, will provide information on the places you are travelling through, offer suggestions for things to do and see, recommend great local eating venues and introduce you to our local friends.
You will be entitled to be refunded of the diference between the amount paid and the expenses already taken on your behalf. No refund if you cancelless than 10 days before day 1 of the tour.
No testing or quarentine required for other EU citizens arriving from the EU. Check the website RE-OPEN EUROPE for updated information. We strongly advise travellers above 60 years old, or belonging to any risk groups, to not travel out of your country until a vaccine is available. At the group meeting, you will be asked to complete a self-screening health form and report any COVID-19 symptoms as well as any close contact with someone who has suspected or confirmed COVID-19. If you are displaying any symptoms or have any health concerns at this time, we will assist you to seek medical advice and you will not be permitted to join the trip. We ask all travellers to continue to monitor their health throughout their travels and report any relevant symptoms to their tour leader.
For any enquires please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org We loof forward to hear from you!